State Sponsored Life Insurance (SSLI)
State Sponsored Life Insurance is a program that provides group term life insurance exclusively for National Guard members and their dependents. The program is derived from United States Public Law 93-289, May 24, 1974, enacted “to encourage persons to join and remain in the National Guard.”
The program features include:
- $1,000 no cost life insurance coverage on all active Soldiers and Airmen
- $10,000 to $260,000 additional coverage available for Soldiers and Airmen
- $5,000 to $155,000 available for spouses
- $5,000 to $35,000 available for children
- Coverage continues until age 70
- Provides an emergency death benefit up to $25,000 within 24 hours
- Benefits remain the same and monthly costs do not change when you retire or separate from the National Guard
- No war, aviation, or terrorism clauses
- Protection is 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, and on or off duty
- Monthly premiums are payroll deducted for your convenience
- $40,000 scholarship fund available to a dependent when military member is insured for $100,000 of qualifying coverage and dies in a combat zone or due to an act of terrorism
Contact the SSLI Office at (800) 462-7441 or at email@example.com for more information.
For personal advice on questions such as:
- How much are the policies and premiums?
- What happens when you retire or get out of the Guard?
- What about me, I am a pilot?
For Unit information such as:
- When is our next briefing?
- How is PNGAS involved?
- How is TAG involved?